Thought of the Day

~Maturity is the stage of life when you don't see eye to eye but can walk arm in arm~

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mumsie is 48 Years Old!

Praise God for the gift of life and thank you Jesus my Shepherd and Saviour.

Being excited as I'm today I can't help being sentimental(darn!) which made me want  to honor the people whom I love and believed attributed so much in my life till they made me who I'm now as well as made my life colorful and interesting.

Thank you pa(may God bless his soul) and mama for bringing me to this world...thank you to my late nenek Korid(God bless her soul) for being the mid-wife and the first to receive me cum giving me the only one in the family with a 'siang'(Chinese surname) in my birth cert. Aha! this is the most interesting story of my birth history, my late nenek Korid is happened to be my mum step-father(who is a Chinese) wife...so she sort of nicely and beautifully recorded my mama name with Chinese 'siang' hahaha Guess those days it was not as strict as now, one need not include their ID copy for birth cert application. I liked it though...in a sense it makes me unique...at least in the birth cert *wink* and it did help me to get admitted easily in certain school hehe.

To my late grandmothers(God bless their souls)...thank you for giving me so many names. Guess you're wondering what am I gabbing about huh? Well...it's our Lotud culture to gave our ancestors name to their child so that they will be known from which family tree they came from, another way of looking at it, it's the same as using a 'surname' or family name and normally the name that will be chosen is from the child great-great grandmother/grandfather(depends on the gender of the child).

Guess I was the center of attraction at the time for being the eldest and 1st grandchild in both my parents side of the family...so I can imagine everyone is rushing or wants to take the credit in giving me names. For the sake of not causing any squabbles or avoiding arguments or even jealousy, my parents accepted all the three name suggested to me...love them actually except for one which sounds weird but learned to get used to it LOL. Ok, the three names I've which is only known in the kampung and not registered in my birth cert which I wished it was....kahangaklah the NRD dept. IF it was especially when it comes to putting the data in the computer system hehe...

Tahera which is my favorite and frequently used, Seliung and Gunting the weird one for in Bahasa Melayu it means scissor ...duuuhh! Then again at the end of the day, I was known as Julia and it was choosen by my dear dad. Thank you pa...I love you so much and still missing you.

God willing, this evening I'm going to have my mummy night out with my friends...thank you Daye.

See you all in the next post!

2 comments:

The Charmed One said...

Happy Birthday to you my dear friend, and many more good years to come. May God Bless you today and everyday..............

mumsie said...

Thank you Gie....hehehe