Thought of the Day

~Maturity is the stage of life when you don't see eye to eye but can walk arm in arm~

Thursday, September 25, 2008

snippets : China milk scandal

Bloomberg.com: Melamine was found in a snack imported from China and a biscuit brand from Hong Kong, the Korea Food and Drug Administration said today in an e-mailed statement. The French government said any food containing Chinese milk products must be removed from stores and cannot be sold.

Widening Bans
As many as 25 countries and markets in Asia, Africa and Europe have either banned or recalled Chinese dairy products or goods made using milk from China after the government on Sept. 11 said Sanlu sold products containing melamine. New Zealand's Fonterra Cooperative Group owns 43 percent of Sanlu, one of the country's biggest milk-powder makers and the first identified as having produced tainted milk.

I'm glad that Malaysia has taken the same step and relief that the supermarket around here (yang I go often lah) has complied to the instruction. I still can't stop thinking how the culprit (for sure lah ada yang terover2 pintar dia suggested of using the method) slept at night after adding melamine to the dairy product (or.. they don't know it's fatal???...mustahil! Don't give me that crap!) or if they had a sleepless night pun sebab they're counting the profit they will be making from it. Ni lah if $$$ sign ja di mata..di otak...mau senang ja out of people misery...suffering... or shall I say the best word for it is LIFE. Can't help thinking the ordeal those babies went through before they rest in peace(prefer to say it gently), as a parents I can't help of thinking about it and being sad at the same time, and there are about 53,000 still suffering now...that's the numbers that we've a knowledge of...ntah2 banyak lagi.

To me 'sorry' is not enough coz the harm have been done can't be undone or scrap-off gitu ja, I'm not being judgmental but I can't help thinking that they are sorry because they were caught.... otherwise they would still be shaking their feet as they counting their profit if that wouldn't be the case...ntahlah ni manusia! I'm sure they do know what they are doing when they committed the offence...laaahhh professional bah durang yang berkerja di sana tu...I believe bukan labourers yang suggested semua tu...sekarang...start pula pointing fingers at eachother...bikin panas!

Harap2lah
the tit-bits or whatever that contain dairy ingredients that I've bought all these while are free from being contaminated coz terkenal juga sya ni from being cerewet...frankly, I don't buy food products from China unless I'm not aware but ada juga barang2 yang lain I buy. Tidak cukup2 with worrying about other things, e.g. pesticides in vegetables...formalin in fish...food colouring...etc etc...ni lagi....binggung binggung binggung!

No comments: