Thought of the Day

~Maturity is the stage of life when you don't see eye to eye but can walk arm in arm~

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

relief....anxious

Eloooowww! Glad to be able to tap on my keyboard again. Life has been quite hectic lately...not with work but with my dear poppet, Gabe. With him being down with flu, cough and mouth ulcer and mind you it happened continuously I can't think of typing anything. He has only a few days of rest and back we are to visit his pediatrician, Dr. Terry again....since his last birthday we visited her thrice, God willing we don't need to see her for quite sometime. Going through the ordeal I just can't think of blogging except for browsing the net for a few minute or so. Well enough with what has been happening with my life the past few weeks...now I want to share with everyone the recent anxiety which has took place quite recently especially parents...China's milk scandal. I guess by now everyone is well aware of it but then again I still want to share with my dear readers (just in case it has slip of the eyes or ears hehe) the information I received from the email regarding the milk scandal and you can read it over the Internet as well.

Not sure how it is in Malaysia but our Health Ministry has started to look into it but the information that I received is that these few items has been recalled due to China's milk scandal;

  1. M & M (thanks God! didn't taste this for few years already)
  2. Snickers (whoops! ate this last year)
  3. Mento's Yoghurt bottle (never drank this)
  4. Dove chocolate (never ate as well)
  5. Oreo wafer sticks (do hope the cookies is safe)
  6. Dutch lady Sterilized Milk (never in our shopping list)
  7. Wall's all natural mango (never in our shopping list as well)
  8. Mini Poppers Ice Cream (gee...had a good time eating it last week..gave Gabe as well)
  9. Magnum Ice Cream (ate this few months ago)
  10. Moo Sandwich Ice Cream (ohh gee...)
  11. Mini Cornetto (bought it together with the mini poppers)
  12. Youcan Ice Cream (never seen this)
  13. White Rabbit Milk Candy (well..my friend is anxious now for she eats this almost everyday)
  14. Wan Wan Rice Cracker (didn't buy this for quite sometimes)

So...statistically the family swallow 40% the item listed above (imagine this statistic applies to every family in Malaysia)...goodness me! Then again if having one, two or even three of each of the item above putting us off danger zone...praise God! but I still can't help thinking of how unscrupulous people can be to gain a profit, they are the
millennium murderer...yup! that is what I call them. Hopefully our Health Minister enforcement officers will have a fruitful misson and the air will be cleared for us.

No comments: